Thursday 12 April 2018

What a difference a new chair makes

ònly a week and already my new chair has made a huge difference to.my life.

Its easier to steer, meaning it is better in restricted spaces. It also turns more easily, again good
where there isn't much room. Theae factors make easier to especially if, like me, co-ordination is an issue.

The best thing about it though is that.I am already more able with it.  Shopping is easier, because I can reach shelves that were too high before. Clothes shopping was a pleasure because I could select clothes of the rails myself. Buying craft stuff was a real fun experience because I could see and reach items at different levels. I had a real free choice. at home too I can prepare food and drink.more easily and without making a mess.  I was also able torebòt the Internet without help. It cuts out the frustration of having to wait for someone to do things, and needing help, when I want to be able to do tasks myself.

i am now at eye level  with people, in effect standing up. This makes being seen in shops etc easier, I'm.harder to ignore! Having a coversation more equal, people are not leaning doewn to talk to me.

Best thing I've done buying this, but atvthe same its sad. I realise how muc I'e mssed by not being able to do such basic things.  I intend to.make the most it, I intend to miss out anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment