Saturday 9 September 2017

Have disabled people become so hated its now acceptable to be rude?

I was trying to leave a shop which was crowded, and trying to not ask someone in a much bigger chair to move because that would have made things difficult for tbem. I asked a little girl aged about 8 politely if she could move,  explaining why I couldn't go the other way. She told me it was inconvenient and refused, her mum agreed with her! As I moved away, and then had to ask another wheelchair user  to move, said child then said she is going the other way, and her mum replied she should have done that first.

I've encountered more hate and negativity recently than I have in my lifetime. I blame the media and Goverment who treat  disabled people with disdain and total ignorance, but I can't ignore the fact that responsible adults speak fot themselves and seem not to worry what their children say. I would never have replied in the way they spoke and it is never acceptable. No longer should we excuse it because of Government rhetoric people make their own choices.

If people need telling I'll say it, we are people like you with the same rights. Your rudeness and ignorance is  unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment