Saturday 30 September 2017

Manor House and Ashbury hotel, viewed on wheels

Good range of crafts and food was great with a wide choice.

However as a disabled person, a wheelchair user,  I found the access not what it said on the tin. Easy access rooms were anything but, lacking space. Had to move the bed to even get in the room. Wet rooms were small with a strange layout. It was the only toilet I could use, with difficulty, as others around the site had very limited access despite being easy access. Building layout made moving around a challenge outside routes bumpy but easier to use.

I had asked if all craft activities were accessible was told yes only to find some weren't. Also difficult to get to materials and some staff didn't offer assistance. Didn't risk using the pool after looking at it, athough I planned to. Didn't attempt any of the other activities, strange access generally made me wary.

Some staff were really helpful, others not at all. Some had awful attitudes to disabled people. Not talking to me at all but the person I was with. I queried access to our designated table, first they said it was ok, then said I was in the way.

Some good pointd but not somewhere I'd go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment